100 energy saving tips for your home or your business.
By Jon Clift & Amanda Cuthbert
FREE shipping from within the contiguous USA.
Did you know . . .
- Heating and cooling account for about 56% of the energy use in a typical home
- Energy-efficient light bulbs last about 12 times longer than ordinary bulbs, and consume about 1/5 of the energy
- If we all turned off our TVs and other gadgets that are kept on stand-by, we could shut down a couple of power stations in the United States, with huge reductions in CO2 emissions
- Our energy use is projected to increase 17% from 1995-2015
- Our homes produce even more CO2 emissions than our cars
This book gives you 100 energy-saving tips for the homefrom simple things like switching off unnecessary lights and having a shower instead of a bath, to more drastic measures such as installing a condensing boiler. If each one of us acts on just a few of these suggestions, we can save moneyand help slow down climate change.
“This is a must-read for everyone. We all need to be more energy aware, and this book is packed full of practical advice on how to save money on your energy bills.”
Duncan Sedgwick, Energy Retail Association