The Aerobin 400 Self-aerating composter is one of the easy composters to use and you won’t beat our price! Low shipping cost too!
It’s loaded with features… even the ability to make liquid fertilizer…and including its patented, highly efficient “lung” aeration system. This ystem makes the compost bin on average 10 degrees hotter for excellent composting. No turning required and no maintenance. Two doors provide easy access to the compost.
SEE THE VIDEO BELOW to see why Aerobin technology makes composting easy.
112.5 gallon capacity. Size: 29″ x 29″ x 47″
An extension is available (see below) which increases the capacity to 165 gallons.
It’s patented lung® core promotes aerobic break down of organic matter, which experts say is the preferable method to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
It has thermal insulation that conserves heat and promotes the rapid breakdown of biomass.
works efficiently year round, even in cooler regions.
no need to turn the biomass and it is pet and rodent resistant.
has little odor and can kill noxious weeds and seeds.
The Aerobin is easy to use – just open, drop and close, and after a short time it produces fertile compost. The compost is easily accessed via the lower side door. The Aerobin also captures moisture which can be used as a liquid fertilizer.
Use a mixture of wet materials such as food scraps, coffee grounds and lawn clippings together with dry materials such as leaves, twigs and newspaper. All break down rapidly in the bin.
The thermal insulation in the Aerobin conserves heat, leading to rapid breakdown of the biomass and works efficiently year round, even in cooler regions. There is no need to turn the biomass and it is pet and rodent resistant. It has little odor and can kill noxious weeds and seeds. Use a mixture of wet materials such as food scraps, coffee grounds and lawn clippings together. Use dry materials such as leaves, twigs and newspaper in the bin.
Important Aerobin features:
- Keeps kitchen scraps completely contained while turning them to compost.
- Removable doors in both front and back
- Flow-through ventillation and self-draining floor
- Durable, sturdy, double wall construction
- Insulated side walls and lid for year round operation – both help retain heat generated by the aerobic composting process and stop cold ambient air reaching the biomass.
- It has a base & a leachate tank for collection of liquid nutrients dispelled from the biomass (green waste).
- 15 cubic feet, 112.5 gallon capacity.
- No turning or agitating of the biomass is necessary – simply drop in and forget it!
- Aerobin requires no accessories or tools.
- Vermin resistant.
- Composts kitchen & garden waste quickly.
- Has a moisture recirculation system.
- Aerobin lowers GHG emissions.
Dimensions and Weight:
Size: (L x W x H): 29″ x 29″ x47″
Weight: 73.2 lbs.
Packaging boxes: 2
Box 1: 9.7″ x 29.5″ x 29.3″
Box 2: 22″ x 28.8″ x 25″
Weight box 1: 23.7 lbs
Weight box 2: 49.5 lbs
54 gallon insulated extension section available which increases Aerobin’s capacity to 165 gallons.
Height: 22 inches
Width: 15 inches
Depth: 29 inches
Weight: 18 pounds